- Determine if anyone requires immediate medical attention, if necessary, call 911
- Verify the vehicle can be driven safely afterwards (no parts hanging off, suspension issues or leaking fluids)
- Contact the RCMP 506-857-2400 even if they may not need to attend the scene of the accident
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver or drivers (insurance company name, policy number and expiry)
- Contact your insurance company to report the claim – their 24 hour claim number is usually located on the reverse side of you insurance card
- If the vehicle requires towing as result of not being safe to drive, contact Dynamic Towing at 506-382-6060
- Have your vehicle towed to Trinity Collision Centre
We will help with the rest!
- Keep injured people in place until help arrives.
- For a quick and accurate exchange of insurance information, take pictures of the documents.
- Photograph vehicle positions, skid marks, body damage, skid marks and document road conditions.
- The only documents you should sign are a completed towing invoice and a police report.
- If police did not come to the scene, don’t forget to file a report.
- If there were witnesses, get their contact details before they leave the scene.
- If the driver’s name is different from the name of the insured, establish what the relationship is and take down the name and address for each individual.
- Don’t discuss fault.
- In case of emergency, always keep a card with information about medical allergies and conditions that may require special attention. Make sure this is in a place that would be found by first responders in case a person in an accident is unable to talk (in your wallet, accessible from your phone’s lock screen, on a child’s car seat, etc.) . Don’t forget to also note your children’s information.